Monday, October 14, 2013

Welcome

This blog has been a long time coming. Most who will read this post know me personally and know that I have another blog already Sela Designs, but I wanted a place to write about real, everyday life. I want to be able to share the joys, hard times, lessons learned, recipes, humanitarian efforts and everything else that goes along with this crazy life of mine. This is my place.

A little history - I'm 28 years old. I have been married to my husband, Bill, for nearly 8(!) years. We have 3 beautiful babies - Liam, Henry & Norah. I am a God lovin' woman, a worship leader and a jewelry creator (in my spare time). We love our family and spending time together.

Oh, I almost forgot; I'm also a stay at home mom. Let me tell you, this is the hardest job I've ever had and it comes with many challenges and joy. I'm guessing there will be many posts here about that.

We are seriously passionate about James 1:27 "Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world."  I want to live with an eternal perspective and take God at His Word. If I say that I believe God is who He says He is, which I do, then I can't live for this world: I have to live like I'm heaven bound. The only thing I can take to heaven with me are people. My prayer is that God would show me how to be His hands and feet to the world around me so I can show His love and live like Jesus did.

Those are some pretty big words. I can't tell you I know exactly how to live this out, but I want to learn. I hope you'll join me in this journey and we can "spur each other on to love and good works."

No comments:

Post a Comment